Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

One Week Down

I've been plugging away at this Summer Institute for a little over a week now. It's weird because there is a lot of work to do, but really there isn't. I guess what I mean to say is that what I do all day (seminars) has little work associated with it, but there's this looming group project which is very involved and we all have to somehow find the time to complete. It's real fun because most of my group lives in the dorms, and I'm in hip little Brooklyn.

The seminars are interesting. Very high up business types come in and tell us compelling things about the publishing business and how it all works. It feels like such a platitude to say "I'm learning a lot," but I am. Fingers crossed that this gig will lead to a stellar job.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment