Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

More Making!

My mom got some zucchini from her friend's garden and it's just been sitting around, begging for something to be done with it. My mom thought of chocolate zucchini cake, but I disagreed. I made zucchini bread instead.


Ingredients

2 c. grated zucchini
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/4 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
3 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1/2 c. chopped nuts



Now, it's prep time. Make sure you have a great cooking outfit on.

Check.
Then, sync up a solid playlist. I used Spotify. I have 3 fantastic playlists to chose from. For today's baking experience, I used my Dancetravaganza list. Can you bake without a playlist? Sure, but I wouldn't recommend it.



Okay, into the baking-y stuff.

(1.) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare all your ingredients (grate the zucchini, etc). Grease your bread pan(s) and set it aside.

(2) Mix dry ingredients. Remember, sugar is considered a liquid ingredient. Don't ask me why. Drop some of the dry mix into your greased pan and coat the grease lightly with the mix.

(3) Assemble your liquid ingredients in a separate bowl. Then bring the liquid and dry mixes together and try not to break your arm stirring. Add grated zucchini and chopped nuts (I used pecans because tht was what was in the pantry) last.

Yeeeeeeeeeeah

(4) Spoon batter into bread pan(s). I had 2 small bread pans, so that's what I used. I don't know how well the recipe would work with just one pan, but I'm sure it'd be fine. They go into the oven for about an hour. Keep an eye on those things, just in case. You can clean the kitchen you've just destroyed while you wait! And then...

Zucchini Bread!

To me, it tasted a bit like a snickerdoodle. I've made zucchini bread in the past that was darker (probably brown sugar and more spices). I think I prefer the other recipe. Still, not too shabby.

--


No comments:

Post a Comment